Okay, so we can all agree that mixing patterns is a must these days. But how do you do it? The goal is to create subtle accents without looking tacky. For today’s post, we will be providing you with our favorite easy, and fashionably safe ways to mix patterns.
1. One bold print + One subtle print. One print should dominate while the other works as an accent.
2. Find a common color to avoid being too overwhelming.
3. Accessories at just a touch of print if you’re afraid that your outfit looks too loud.
4. No more than three. When you have more than three patterns, your outfit starts to become a bit too busy. You want to avoid looking like you got dressed in the dark.
5. Treat stripes and leopard print as a neutral.
Here are a few of our favorite combos-
skirt | top | belt
stripes + plaid
top | skirt
stripes + floral
top | skirt | heels
plaid + polka dots
shirt | sweater | skirt | watch
stripes + gingham + polka dots
sweater | skirt | scarf
plaid + plaid
And most of all, have fun! Wear what makes you feel beautiful. You can start small and work your way up if you need, but don’t be afraid to add a little spunk to your wardrobe.
*Original Images Sources
Leave a comment